Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Checking in on my challenge: Day 24

Today I'm reflecting. I'm not even a 3rd of the way through my Challenge/Fast. The journey has been amazing. I feel closer to Jesus than I have felt in a long time. It's not because the journey has been easy. Its because I know that He is close to me. He is holding me. So how am I doing in my walk? Purity with God has been amazing. Capturing those thoughts that would normally entangle me. Renewing my mine with the Word,good Christian music, Prayer, and quality time with other believers. His voice has been clear in the last few days.
My greatest challenge right now is blocking out the time. There is a battle going on for the time that I have everyday. So many things come at me trying to challenge and take my sweet precious time with God. Some of them are very good things. Not bad at all, but I have to be careful not to give myself over to those things. So I'm currently reading 3 books, Every young man's battle, Slave, and of course the Bible. I feel like there will be more challenges to come as my relationship with Jesus grows. I stand firm to the scripture that I vowed years ago. Today this is my prayer once again.
Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.
(Philippians 3:8-11 ESV)
The last time I prayed this prayer to God was 3 years ago. I lost my Uncle(James) who was very instrumental in my life. He taught me how to live a life of self-control. He taught me that you didn't have to have your life wrapped up in an identity of another person. Just Jesus.....
I didn't question God when He took my Uncle home. I knew that his pain was over and that he went home to be with Jesus. I also knew that it was teaching me a lesson at the same time. How to deal with the lost of a love one. I thought that was my (Identifying in pain and suffering and knowing Jesus in the power of His Resurrection) moment.
Little did I know it would be the catalyst of what was to come. Two months later the love of my life told me she was leaving. Finished with our relationship.She walked out of my life for the rest of my life. Oh did I need His power and Oh did I need to know and Identify myself in Him at that moment. Life became really real to me. I was losing everything that I had. In a series of about 4 months my life went to shambles. The goody two shoe life was gone. My heart was in more that a million pieces.............
But God..............
He would not have me stay there. Bit by bit the Potter molded and restored the broken, smashed, crushed, clay.....

I am that clay today. Still being built and restored. He has not left me not one moment through it all. He has been right beside me holding and even carrying me at times.
So today I'm praying this prayer once again. Jesus I want you more than anything else in this world. This world has nothing for me. I want you................ I will follow you, no turning back. No looking back. I press forward to more intimacy which will ultimately lead me to more purity and clarity with Him....

No comments:

Post a Comment