Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Journey : Day 30 That which will last vs That which will fade

The firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness.” Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work. Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. (2 Tim. 2:19–22)

Well I'm a third of the way through my challenge/fast. God continues to rock my world. So a quick synopsis on my past 30 days.
Purity: Renewing my mind through out each day is so important. Keeping my mind on things eternal has been really important. There has been some tough days. I won't use the excuse I'm only man either. I will say that I'm still a fleshly being. My desires and wants try to take control on a moment by moment basis. I'm in a constant battle to deny my own selfish desires. Christ has given me the victory over every sin or snare that tries to entrap me.
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
(1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV)
Intimacy: My time with Jesus has been extraordinary. We sang a song last night in group (Set a fire down in my soul) I was so caught up with Jesus. I was suppose to talk a bit after the worship but I was so swept away with Jesus. I was in a moment. The crazy thing about that moment is that I have been having them everyday and sometimes multiple times a day. The taking the hour min. time out of my day and spending it with Jesus has been phenomenal. I can't see going back to not spending these daily time that He has given me with Him. Yesterday was one of those days. I got off work a little early. Came home to read and prepare for our Monday night Group meeting and ended up spending hours with Jesus. Just Him and I. My soul was so content. He will totally satisfy your every need. He will do it in a way that all other life's satisfactions will seen empty.
Clarity: I have never heard the voice of the Lord so clear in my life. I know that there is so much more that He wants to share with me. I will share just one of the things He is saying to me in these past 30 days.
I'm starting to see my life as a Follower of Jesus in a different light. I know that it will look crazy to the world. I will glory in the Cross of Christ. I will lose my identity in Jesus. I know what it means to become and to live as a slave to Christ. I am not my own. My desires are being slowly transformed to His desires. Though I fight it sometimes surrendering is allowing me to be transformed.
I finished last night's lesson with a verse that God put on my heart.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
(Revelation 3:20 ESV)

The only right response to Christ’s lordship is wholehearted submission, loving obedience, and passionate worship.

I believe that the true signs of a believer is that they will be in such communion with Jesus that they began to talk, think, and act just like He did. The way the believer lives their life shouldn't be far away from the life of Christ that He exemplified when He was here on earth. Why would it be. If we are truly following the leader wouldn't we talk, walk, think, and act out what He lead and commanded us to do?

As the saying goes, actions speak louder than words. The profession of faith that never evidences itself in righteous behavior is a “dead” faith ( James 2:17), being no better than that of the demons (v. 19). This is not to say that true believers never stumble. Certainly they do. Yet the pattern of their lives is one of continual repentance and increasing godliness as they grow in sanctification and Christlikeness.

MacArthur, John (2010-12-28). Slave: The Hidden Truth About Your Identity in Christ (Kindle Locations 1403-1406). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.

1 comment: