Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Deep Deep Praise........ : Day 26

But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.
(Philippians 3:7-11 ESV)
These were the scriptures that were heavy on the hearts of my roommate(Daniel) and I on last night. For us it is truly Jesus on nothing at all. As the days go by my desire to spend time with Jesus grows. Last night I was hanging out with my books and music at a local coffee shop until I met with one of my guys from the group. The time was so so good. I could not believe some of the things God was illuminating my eyes to in His Word. It is true that if you desire to be near Him and grow closer to Him He will show Himself to you. It may not start out like that but it will happen. I'm living proof that when I prayed the scriptures that I started out my blog with today I got exactly what I needed. As a matter of fact I got all I will ever need. King Jesus!!!!!
This morning when I was getting ready for work and preparing for the day I kept hearing His voice saying Praise, Praise, Praise.............. He is worthy of All praise. One day every knee will bow down and worship Him. Everything that was created and is created is created by Jesus and for Jesus. Everything shouts out praise and glory back to Him. If its not currently shouting fourth that praise one day it/we will be brought to that point. The purpose of our lives is to bring glory to God. We are here on this ball of mud (Earth) for that very reason. So today as I look back over my life to the present and I give Him total Praise. There has been nothing along the way in my life that I have done to deserve Him. He gave and continues to give Himself to me everyday undeserved.
What shall I do in return?

I will give him my life NOW.. Today I say yes.......... No more living my life for me. It will not be easy, but that was never the promise. I won't be perfect, In Christ I have perfection. My sin nature will battle me everyday, He's given me victory over it. The world will offer counterfeits, He is the only Real, True satisfaction to our lives. If you haven't given your life to Him you are still blinded by the the counterfeiter (Satan, your dream world, and your sin nature)... I say to you today Let Go............ Let go of your life. You can't make it without surrendering it all to Him. Well I take that back. You will succeed from the world's point of view, but that's not succeeding.

In order to succeed you must Lose,Give up, Surrender, & Rest................

Lose your life and identity: Be found in the identity of Christ.

Give up the rights to your own life: Put your trust in the One (Jesus) who can do way more in and through you than you could ever imagine..

Surrender: Choose moment by moment, day by day for the rest of your life that you will live for the One who has given His All....(Jesus)

Rest:

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
(John 15:5-7 ESV)

When you abide (Rest and Remain) in Him your desires become His desires. You see things through His eyes. Your heart loves like His Heart. Your wants,dreams, goals, ambitions are all God centered. Your regenerated life and heart changes the way you talk,think and act.

Transformation will begin to happen in your life. From that transformation out of the depths of your soul will spring up deep deep praise and adoration for King Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment