Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Those that have truly tasted, will never go back: Day 31

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
(Psalm 34:8 ESV)
I was riding home from work yesterday and God gave me a new song with a new thought and vision. The name of the song was never going back by William McDowell. I thought about this 31 day journey with Christ that I have been on. It has been filled with His presence. He makes His presence known in my life all through out the day. Its because I'm actually spending time with Him and making the effort to be in His presence. Now don't get me wrong there is nothing that I'm doing to deserve His presence. Its all because of Christ and His perfect work (The Cross) and His continuance of interceding prayer for me to the father.
I believe God will reward His children that deliberately seek Him out and desire to know and hear from Him.
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
(Hebrews 11:6 ESV)

Psalm 14:2 (Psalm 14)
The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man,
to see if there are any who understand,
who seek after God.

Psalm 27:4 (Psalm 27)
One thing have I asked of the Lord,
that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to inquire1 in his temple.
I pray that God's presence will always be with me. May I never lose the fellowship that He has given me. I have tasted the greatness and seen the beauty of God. I don't want to go back to where I was 31 days ago. Though there will be rough days ahead. My enemies will come against me. Life and other distractions will continue to fight for my time.
Psalm 114:7 (Psalm 114)
Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord,
at the presence of the God of Jacob,

Now what do I do? :

Do I just absorb Him everyday and become spiritually obese. Do I become comfortable in just having His presence with me? Do I ride the quote on quote wave or movement out?
Absolutely not....................... i along with other radically change Followers should stand ready to give an account and share the gospel. At all times extend His love and grace to others. Seek out those that are hurting, lost and hopeless. Share with them the healing to their pain. The road map that will help them find their way, and also the Hope that will end all of their hopelessness. I am to share and extend Jesus to everyone I come in contact with. Some way or form I have to Present my God, Leader, Lord, Savior, Owner, Redeemer, Lover of my soul to them all. So that's what I am to do with this new life that He has given me. I am not to waste not one moment. I will have to give an account for the time he has given me. For the special intimacy that He has allowed me to embrace. The joy of knowing Him,yet the compassion for the ones that don't know Him yet.

Wow!!!!! If they truly have tasted, they will never go back..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment