Friday, January 6, 2012

Jesus only Day 21 Do I really want Him?

Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
(John 14:21 ESV)

I have been on my 90 day (Fast/challenge) with God for 21 days today. Honestly it feels like just a few days ago I was being led to start this challenge with Him. I remember praying back on December 17th of last year about starting this challenge with Pastor Smoothe in February. I was sitting in my normal place that I usually get breakfast and spend Saturday morning with Jesus. As I was in prayer God spoke gently to me saying that I needed to start my fast/challenge today. So on that day I Vowed Intimacy and Purity to God. That day God started showing me things and stuff that was blocking my intimacy with Him. So I started taking those things out of my day to day life. It has not been easy to be purged of these things. Some of it was sin and some of them were not bad things they just took time away from me spending with Jesus.

These questions speak to my heart today.................

Am I done playing games?

Do I trust Him completely with my life? Can I truly give God a blank check with my life?

Is my view of God big enough for my life. (Not that it will change who God is because what I believe about God won't change who He is only who I am.)

Is my identity totally in Christ? Am I willing to lose my life to gain all of Him?

Do I live my life like Jesus in Lord?

How obedient am I to His commandments?

Do I want what Greg wants or do I want Jesus. If I know He is all and He is, why do I chase the things of the world?

I know that the things of this world will fade away..................

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
(Matthew 6:33-34 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment