Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Joy to being Enslaved to Christ......Day 23

Romans 6:22, NLT- 22 But now you are free from the power of sin and have
become slaves of God. Now you do those things that lead to holiness and result
in eternal life.
Romans 14:7-8, NLT- 7 For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves. 8 If we
live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we
live or die, we belong to the Lord.
When we call ourselves Christians, we proclaim to the world that everything about us, including our very self-identity, is found in Jesus Christ because we have denied ourselves in order to follow and obey Him. He is both our Savior and our Sovereign, and our lives center on pleasing Him. To claim the title is to say with the apostle Paul, “To live is Christ and to die is gain” (Phil. 1:21).
Yesterday's message at church was amazing!!!! Over 70 people received Christ and followed Him in baptism. The series is called Follower. We were challenge to give up the North American thinking and lingo when it comes to being a follower of Christ.
It has been 23 days in to my challenge/Fast. These are the exact things that God has been confirming in my life. Tonight we are going to be looking at the group study on being a follower. I have been challenged greatly in my studies. God showed me 2 examples of people who were slaves yet when they were purchased they devoted themselves to their owner. Even though they were free, they chose not to be their own. They Stayed surrendered to there owner.
The first one was a slave girl who was purchased by Abraham Lincoln. He out bid everyone that day for the young girl. After she was purchased Abraham and the girl headed towards his home. On the way back he told her she was free to go,do,say and be anyone thing she wanted to be. In return she said: I choose to follow you......


In the second Century a man named Eusebinus Sanctus was being beaten, whipped, stoned, brutally battered for his faith in Jesus Christ. This went on for several day and even to His death. Through torture and all that he went through he spoke until he was only able to whisper. I am a Christian(Follower of Jesus Christ)

MacArthur, John (2010-12-28). Slave: The Hidden Truth About Your Identity in Christ (Kindle Locations 185-188). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.

23 days ago play time and taking life lightly ended. My life no longer belongs to me. I'm free yet I am a slave to Christ. He has given me abundant life. More than I could ever imagine. Free Free Free is what I am. Yet my total identity is wrapped up in Jesus Christ. No more Greg but it is Jesus.
My question to you is short yet not easily answered. Can you honestly say you are a Follower of Christ?

Are you Enslaved yet abundantly Free in Christ...................

Do you spend time with Him? Are you following His commands?

What goals, dreams, vision, ambitions have you placed before your surrender to Him.
You must surrender to Him first. You will then hear His voice telling you what your next steps are...
John 10:27, “My sheep
hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me”


In Closing: I want to leave you with some words that rang out in my heart yesterday. Jesus to His Followers these words............................

“If anyone wishes to come after
Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.” To
follow the Master is to come to the end of oneself and submit completely
to His will. Anyone who would be His disciple must also be His slave. Those
unwilling to give up everything to follow Him are not worthy of Him.

Augustine (354–430) simply asked his congregation this rhetorical question: “Does your Lord not deserve to have you as his trustworthy slave?

MacArthur, John (2010-12-28). Slave: The Hidden Truth About Your Identity in Christ (Kindle Locations 279-281). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment